BEQ Pride Awards and Recognition
The BEQPride Editorial Board and our Awards Review Committee will select outstanding LGBTQ and Allied individuals, business owners and corporations that exhibit the tenets of business equality and support the economic empowerment of diverse communities. Annual awards will be announced in the following areas:
BEQ Pride Trailblazer Award – reserved for an LGBTQ business enterprise that has blazed new trails in innovation, partnership, philanthropy, or supplier diversity.
BEQ Pride LGBTQ Business Equality Excellence Award
This is an annual list of companies devoted to diversity in the workplace, marketplace, supply chain and philanthropy. These organizations foster economic stability in the LGBTQ community through the fair treatment and inclusion of LGBTQ employees, suppliers, consumers, and partners in business. We originally created the Business Equality Excellence Award to establish a pool of likely candidates for our Annual Corporate Eminence Award. Our goal was quite simple, curate a list of the major brands and employers who are committed to the economic empowerment of all diverse communities while highlighting their commitment to the LGBTQ business community. The Business Equality Excellence program allows us to bring attention to the need to align excellence in the workplace (based on the HRC’s Corporate Equality Index), marketplace (media and market presence showing LGBTQ engagement), supply chain (corporate partnership with NGLCC) and philanthropy (engaging LGBTQ issues and charitable causes through monetary support). The program is all about clearly identifying the business community and industry leaders engaged in the struggle for full equality for the LGBTQ community through business and economic inclusion.
Hundreds of companies have been added to the Business Equality Excellence ranks over the years and our list has become a standard for demonstrating a commitment to the LGBTQ business community. With the recent inclusion of LGBTBE® and Supplier Diversity at both the Billion Dollar Roundtable and Human Rights Campaign Foundation’s Corporate Equality Index, respectively, there is a greater opportunity to grow the ranks of Business Equality Excellence organizations and to increase our supporting programs.
BEQ Pride 40 LGBTQ Leaders Under 40
This is a special recognition of young movers and shakers in the LGBTQ community. This prestigious list honors leaders 40 or younger who have demonstrated their exceptional leadership capabilities and major contributions in government, corporate, academia, non-profit or small business. Nominations have closed for our class of 2022 Leaders.
40 LGBTQ Leaders Under 40 RULES OF ENTRY
- Please ensure you have completed all of the fields on the nomination form in a truthful manner. All submissions must be made online.
- Submitting a nomination does not guarantee a place on the 40 LGBTQ Leaders Under 40 list.
- You may nominate as many different people as you like.
- The number of nominations a nominee receives will not affect rankings. A nominee will only be entered into the judging process once.
- The closing date for nominations is Sunday, October 31, 2021 and any nominations received after this date will not be accepted.
- The BEQ Awards Committee and Editorial Board decision is final.
- All nominees must supply contact details, including email address, a short narrative and accept the nomination in order to be considered.
- BEQ Pride will contact all finalists to secure additional information and high-resolution pictures for publication.
- Nominees must be over 18 years of age (or have parental or guardian permission).
- 2018 40 LGBTQ Leaders Under 40, 2019 40 LGBTQ Leaders Under 40, 2020 40 LGBTQ Leaders Uder 40 2021 40 LGBTQ Leaders Under 40, or Next Gen Pioneers for 2018 are not eligible. (Recipients 2018-2021)
For more information on our awards and recognition contact info@BusinessEqualityNetwork.com